Privacy and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy
Last revised: February 4, 2019
1. Who We Are and the Purpose of This Privacy & DMCA Policy.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13, STOP NOW. READ PARAGRAPH 7, ENTITLED, “Children under the Age of 13” IMMEDIATELY. Do not provide any information about yourself to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any avatar, screen name or user name you may use.
You may ask questions about our Policy or proactively withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, share or maintain your information at any time by contacting us at: Privacy@STGPresents.org or at 911 Pine Street, Seattle WA 98101. Restricting the use of your personal information before STG uses it in the manner described in the Policy is a better practice than attempting to “delete” or “recover” information that has already been shared.
2. Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It.
Personal information. We collect several types of data from and about users of our Websites, including their names, physical and email addresses and other information that can be acquired through a search of public records or an internet search (“Personal Data”). Information that can be used to identify you, such as your financial records, driver’s license number, credit card numbers or the combination of your name, address and social security number, for example, is Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”). We collect Personal Data and PII from third parties and directly from you when you knowingly provide it for various purposes, including registering on the Websites, applying to participate in programming or receive support from STG, submitting comments or feedback about STG or applying for employment or volunteer opportunities.
Publically posted information. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) in public areas of the Websites or on blogs, Facebook, Twitter or other public social network sites that may be linked to the Websites (collectively, “User Contributions”). You post and transmit your User Contributions on our Websites or through links on our Websites (“Linked Sites”) at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites or entities that maintain or use the Linked Sites. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that your PII or User Contributions will not be viewed, reproduced, altered or distributed by unauthorized persons when you publically post personal information. Third parties control and establish their own privacy policies for the Linked Sites—this Policy does not apply to Linked Sites. It is your responsibility to read the privacy policies of all Linked Sites routinely to understand how those unrelated third parties collect and treat your PII and User Contributions. Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers.
3. How We Use Your PII.
We use your PII to provide services, products and promotional emails about sales, special offers and new programming to you; process orders and donations; determine your eligibility to participate in STG’s educational and community programs, workshops or tours; evaluate your applications for employment or volunteer opportunities; or assess whether STG will provide financial or other support to you or your organization. We also use your PII to comply with the use described when you provided your PII and/or for any other purpose to which you consent.
All PII collected or provided to us is stored for the period of time in which you remain a registered user of the Websites, for the period of time during which the storage and processing of your PII is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or provided. We may also use PII to comply with our legal or contractual third party obligations, or to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
We also use your PII to perform our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, collecting and paying through third party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions (“ESPs”) to process such financial transactions. By accepting this Policy, you expressly consent to the sharing of your PII necessary to process transactions with ESPs.
4. How, Why and with Whom STG Shares Aggregated Information, Personal Data and PII.
Aggregated information. “Aggregated” information is statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual without additional information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may use the automatically collected data to estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Websites. STG uses third-party-placed tracking pixels and cookies from various advertising delivery partners such as Ad Roll, Google and Ticketmaster. We do not share any of your Personal Data or PII with these platform vendors. In the future, we may collaborate with other companies to provide interest-based advertising. STG will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out if we post advertisements developed in collaboration with our affiliated entities.
If you would like more information about sharing aggregated information across websites and your choices to limit third-party service providers’ access to your use of other websites, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Although our Websites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we offer our users choices to manage their preferences proactively, as set forth in section, Rights Concerning Personal Data, PII and Account Details. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
Personal Data. We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide for any purpose disclosed by us to you when you provide the information and consent to STG using it for the stated purpose. We may disclose aggregated information or Personal Data to, but not limited to the following entities:
• Contractors, service providers and other non-profit organizations we use to support our business; and the promoters and artists that perform at STG (“Third Parties”). STG requires the Third Parties to keep your Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Promoters and artists receive only aggregated and demographic data and the names and email addresses of ticket purchasers of that specific promoter’s or artist’s performance.
• A buyer or other successor in the event of the merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of STG’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by STG about our Websites users is among the assets transferred.
PII. We may also disclose your PII:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• To protect the rights, property, or safety of STG, our customers or others if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
5. International Transfers of Personal Data.
To the extent that STG enters into a contractual relationship with a Third Party located outside the United States, we may transfer your Personal Data to the country in which the Third Party operates or resides. For example, Third Parties such as Broadway Across Canada may receive PII from STG based on their existing contractual relationship and shared audience base with STG’s affiliated arts organization, Broadway Across America.
6. California Privacy Rights.
California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or with affiliates of STG. STG does not provide any PII to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you want to request a notice or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at: Privacy@STGPresents.org or at 911 Pine Street, Seattle WA 98101.
7. Children under the Age of 13.
CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE CANNOT USE THE WEBSITES WITHOUT THE VERIFIED CONSENT OF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN. STG does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not:
• Provide any information about yourself to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any avatar, screen name or user name you may use;
• Use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Websites;
• Use or provide any information on this Websites or on or through any of its features; or
• Purchase any item or service through the Websites.
If a child under the age of 13 wants to use the Websites, a parent or guardian of that child should contact STG and provide the required verifiable consent before permitting your child to access our Websites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without prior verification of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verified parental consent, please contact us at Privacy@STGPresents.org or at 911 Pine Street, Seattle WA 98101. We will permit you to review the Personal Data we have received prior to our destruction of it.
8. Copyright Protection under the DMCA/Repeat Infringer Removal Policy.
We will respond to legitimate requests under the DMCA and we retain the right to remove user content on the STG Websites that we deem to be infringing the copyright of others. If you become aware of user content on the Websites that infringes your copyright rights, you may submit a properly formatted DMCA request (see 17 U.S.C. § 512) to STG. Misrepresentations of infringement can result in liability for monetary damages. You should consult an attorney before taking any action pursuant to the DMCA. A DMCA request can be sent to us via the contact information below:
Seattle Theatre Group
911 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Please send our Copyright Agent the following information:
1. The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list of such works;
3. The URL or Internet location of the materials claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, or information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Your right to file a counter-notice. If we remove your user content in response to a copyright or trademark notice, we will notify you at the email address you provided to STG and offer to provide you with a copy of the notice. If you believe your user content was wrongly removed due to a mistake or misidentification of the material, you can file a counter-notice with us that includes the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and where the material was located online before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512 subsection (c)(1)(c) or an agent of such person.
Upon receiving a counter-notice, we will forward it to the complaining party and tell them we will restore your content within 10 business days. If that party does not notify us that they have filed an action to enjoin your use of that content on the Websites before that period passes, we will consider restoring your user content to the site.
Removal of repeat infringers. STG has a policy to close permanently the accounts of users we identify as repeat infringers. We apply this policy at our discretion and in appropriate circumstances, such as when a user has repeatedly been charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
9. Data Security / Legal Disclaimer.
STG maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure your Personal Data and PII from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. The safety and security of your PII also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you have reason to believe your account with STG has been compromised, you are responsible for reporting the suspected unauthorized access or use to us.
Unfortunately, because of the complex and constantly changing nature of technology and business, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data or PII transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of PII is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
10. Changes to Our Privacy & DMCA Policy.
STG posts any changes we make to our Privacy & DMCA Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Information or enforce the DMCA, we will notify you by e-mail or through a notice posted on the Websites. The date this Policy was last revised is identified on the website. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable e-mail address for you to ensure we can notify you of changes to the Policy. You should also periodically visit our Websites to review any changes to this Policy.
11. Rights Concerning Personal Data, PII and Account Details.
We respect your need to be able to access and update the Personal Data and PII that you have provided to us. If you have registered online, you may access and update your information at any time by logging into your account. You may also ask STG to update your information in your account by writing to us at the contact information set out below (subject to certain exceptions and as prescribed by law) or by email at Privacy@STGPresents.org. We may request certain Personal Data or PII to verify the identity of the individual seeking access to records that contain your information.
You can stop receiving email communications from us at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” text link provided at the bottom of all email communications or contacting us as indicated below. You may exercise your legal rights regarding your collected or provided information, and withdraw your consent, as set out in the applicable laws of the State of Washington, United States of America, or in the law of your state or country of residence, as well as ask any questions or comment about this Policy and STG’s other privacy practices, by contacting us at: Privacy@STGPresents.org or at 911 Pine Street, Seattle WA 98101. You have the right to complain to a supervisory privacy authority in the country of your residence.
The information STG collects from or about you is stored in secure operating environments that are inaccessible to the public and accessible only to employees who must review your information to do their jobs. When possible, PII is encrypted before you conduct your transaction. While STG takes reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network is guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, STG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from the Websites. STG protects your personal information in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, United States, which may not be at the same level of protection legally required in other jurisdictions.
13. Governing Law & Jurisdiction.
By using the Websites, you agree that the laws of the State of Washington shall govern any disputes, without regard to its conflict of laws principles, including privacy or defamation issues or other concerns. Further, you agree that the courts of King County, Washington will have jurisdiction over all matters arising out of or related to the use of the Websites.
14. Contact Us.
If you have any questions about STG’s Privacy and DMCA Policy, please email us at: Privacy@STGPresents.org.